Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Critical info for the NJ transplant

I used to be ashamed to tell people that I was from New Jersey, that is, until Garden State came out. Now I’m proud of my semi-suburban heritage. After moving to Manhattan, there was only one thing that I missed about NJ, the 7-Eleven. One of my earliest disappointments as a child was when the local 7-Eleven defected and recoined themselves "7-Twelve", selling Blurpees instead of Slurpees (I kid not). Happy was the day that 7-Eleven opened up on 23rd Street in Manhattan, yet it still does not show up on google maps (now there are 4 of them on the isle). So I mapped them with this great geocoding site, batchgeocode.com
Slurp away, just don't eat the strange, rotating meat-cheese things.

1 comment:

Joe Herman said...

Umm, Foson - it wasn't a 7-Tweleve, it was a 7-Ten, home of the Blurpee.